Senior Project Manager – Transportation
Application Deadline: July 8, 2022 at 5pm EST.
The Senior Project Manager – Transportation oversees the success of projects of substantial cost, scope, and complexity to include, but not limited to: complex skilled and technical work in support of Feasibility, Programming, Design, Construction & Close-Out phases as they relate to the engineering, planning and construction of City-wide transportation projects federal, state and local funded transportation projects that involve multi-modal elements like bike facilities, new pedestrian access and safety features as well as vehicular capacity improvements).
Position advises management on cost-planning, scheduling, control and productivity analysis, provides financial management oversight, reports on business results, and project impacts on equity. Advises management on work distribution and project rescheduling issues; facilitates internal processes and scoping meetings. Guides the work of a team of Project Managers.
May be eligible for full or partial telework, but certain in person meetings or trainings may be required.
– Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in the field of architecture, architecture, engineering, construction management or a related field.
– Minimum of seven years of comprehensive project management experience in full life-cycle transportation project management, including experience in directing and leading project teams.
– A valid Virginia driver’s license by employment start date.
– Master’s Degree in a related field preferred.
– Preference for seven to ten years of experience directing/managing a variety of complex and challenging project assignments of significantly large scale and considerable cost.
– Preference for familiarity with Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) projects, Professional Engineer, and/or Project Manager Professional.
TO APPLY: to view the complete job information and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through our employment page and must be submitted prior to the listed closing date and time.
The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.