Senior Human Resources Specialist
• Develops, implements, administers compensation and incentive policy, procedures, practices, and programs.
• Conducts surveys and studies labor markets to determine compensation trends; analyzes jobs, and reviews job descriptions and specifications; applies job evaluation techniques to establish equitable compensation rates within the organization as compared with rates in industry.
• Works with Human Resource staff, supervisors and employees to resolve employee relations and management issues, which may include disciplinary actions, discriminatory harassment, complaints and grievances; ensures actions taken are in compliance with James City County personnel policies and procedures, sound human resource management practices, and applicable laws and regulations.
• Keeps up-to-date on current trends and legislation in the human resource field; recommends changes to policies, procedures, and practices to reflect best management practices and comply with current laws and regulations
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or related field; master’s degree and/or certification as a human resource professional through an approved agency preferred; and, considerable professional human resource work experience including managing a computerized HRIS database, preferably in the public sector.
• Considerable knowledge of major employment laws impacting Human Resources legal compliance including Title VII, FLSA, Equal Pay Act, ADAAA, FMLA, and other employment legislation and regulations, HR policies and procedures and implementation, supervisory practices and principles, and customer service.
• Skilled in assessing priorities, developing and implementing HR policies and procedures, and trends related related to HR.
• Demonstrated ability to compose correspondence and policies, analyze and interpret data and prepare reports drawing logical conclusions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to a diverse audience.