Senior Facilities Specialist – Plumbing
James City County Facilities Maintenance seeks an individual to perform experienced plumbing work including installation, maintenance, and repair work on plumbing systems in all County facilities.
• Installs plumbing layouts for minor construction and renovation projects for County building structures and facilities; installs and test backflow devices;
• Diagnoses plumbing malfunctions, using appropriate test instruments and diagnostic procedures; repairs malfunction by such methods as replacing pipe, flushometers, valves and other components relating to plumbing using hand tools;.
• Designs, installs, and tests gas lines and supply components.
• Performs preventive maintenance where necessary on plumbing systems
• Monitors and maintain contracts for grinder pump and septic tanks maintenance
• Performs responsible skilled craftwork in maintenance, repair, and modifications/renovations of County facilities to include carpentry and various maintenance repairs.
• This job is considered essential personnel and will be required to work during and following natural disasters and emergency situations; required to be on stand-by on a rotation basis and to respond to emergency calls at all hours.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma or equivalent; and extensive work experience in the plumbing trades.
• Must possess a Journeyman certification or have the ability to obtain within 12 months of employment
• Must possess a Backflow testing Certification or have the ability to obtain within 12 months of employment
• Must possess a valid Virginia driver’s license with an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Knowledge of connecting, piping, and devices used in the production of water and sewer; safe and effective use of hand and power tools and other equipment of the plumbing trade; and provisions of the national and local plumbing codes.
• Skill in use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office suite.
• Ability to read and understand technical manuals, blueprints, and schematics