Senior Facilities Specialist
James City County Facilities Maintenance seeks an individual to perform experienced work operating and maintaining assigned County building(s), including equipment maintenance and repair, and carpentry, plumbing, roofing and painting work.
• Repairs and maintains building systems including planning, designing, estimating and performing minor construction and renovation projects such as: wall framing and insulating; installing and finishing wallboard; installing doors and windows with locks and hardware, suspended ceilings, and various trims and moldings; painting; and, installing carpet, ceramic, or vinyl floor tile, or ceramic wall tile.
• Performs a variety of plumbing maintenance or repair tasks including eliminating water or sewer line blockages; repairing or replacing faucets, valve stems, showerheads, or commodes; repairing various flush mechanisms; installing in-line filters; and, repairing or replacing damaged PVC or copper pipes.
• Performs administrative tasks such as preparing work orders and recording building maintenance schedules.
• Coordinates with outside contractors and county staff regarding repairs and maintenance.
• This job is considered essential personnel and will be required to work during and following natural disasters and emergency situations
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma and extensive work experience in carpentry and plumbing trades; vocational, technical, or trade school training in carpentry or related building trades preferred.
• Must possess a valid Virginia Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Knowledge of building maintenance and repair including plumbing; safe and effective use of hand and power tools and other equipment and materials used in building repair and maintenance; principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Skill in developing and maintaining cooperative relationships with employees and the public; effectively responding to routine inquiries and disputes; planning and organizing daily work routine; establishing priorities for the completion of work to meet strict deadlines; use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite.