Senior Convenience Center Attendant
James City County Solid Waste Division is seeking an individual to perform responsible service maintenance work overseeing daily operations of the County’s convenience centers.
• Provides customer service to citizens; informs citizens of County’s recycling requirements; monitors compliance before disposal.
• Ensures accepted materials are placed in proper collection containers.
• Estimates size of trash loads and collects the appropriate number of coupons or credit/debit card charges required for disposal.
• Cleans convenience centers; collects refuse placed on ground; sweeps area and pick up litter.
• Maintains records of time spend on different activities.
• Operates solid waste equipment including stationary compactor, excavator, knuckleboom, pay loader and roll-off truck.
• This job is considered essential personnel and will be required to work during and following natural disasters and emergency situations.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma; some experience operating heavy equipment such as excavator, knuckleboom, pay loader, roll off truck or similar types of equipment.
• Must possess, or obtain within 6 months of hire, a valid Virginia Class B Commercial driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Ability to courteously and effectively communicate with the public including enforcing regulations.
Accepting applications until filled. Only online applications to our website will be considered. To apply, please visit the James City County Career Center at https://jobs.jamescitycountyva.gov