The Fauquier County, Virginia, Finance Department is seeking an enthusiastic Senior Buyer to join our Procurement team!
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the ideal candidate has a thorough knowledge of Procurement Policy and Procedure, and will oversee the issuance and management of Invitation For Bid (IFBs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs) for over thirty commodities for both Fauquier County and Fauquier County Public Schools, in addition to seeking and managing cooperative contracts for those commodities. Preferred candidate will have thorough knowledge of the Virginia Public Procurement Act, strong analytical and technical writing and communication skills, strong focus on customer service, and a professional attitude. CPPB certification preferred.
Salary range is $60,255 to $72,306. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Comprehensive benefits package to include but not limited to:
• Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage,
• Annual leave, sick leave, and 2 personal days accrued each fiscal year,
• Virginia Retirement System pension plan & a life insurance policy 2X annual salary,
• 457B individual retirement plan,
• Free health care through our Fauquier County Employee Wellness Center…and so much more!
Must pass a criminal background check and credit history check.