Senior Assistant General Registrar
James City County’s Office of Voter Registration and Elections seeks an experienced, detail-oriented professional to be a part of a dynamic team to assist with daily operations.
• Assist the General Registrar in implementing and maintaining compliance with local, state, and federal election and voter registration guidelines and requirements.
• Update and maintain accurate records of voter information including, but not limited to, eligibility, changes with redistricting/reprecincting voting credits, and any applicable forms.
• Assist with coordinating, maintaining, and supervising of all parts of the election and voting process including, but not limited to, satellite registration sites, absentee ballots, training programs for Officers of Election, posting of results on designated sites, and programing of electronic poll books.
• Assist with preparation of budget including preparation of required reports.
• Create and maintain candidate files; accepts, verifies and certifies candidate forms; receive, audit, and acknowledge Candidate Campaign Contribution and Expenditure Reports.
• Prepare, provide information, and generate support for voter education projects.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to high school diploma, augmented by college course; and some experience as an assistant registrar.
• Must possess a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on County criteria.
• Must be a resident and registered voter of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
• Must not:
o Be a spouse of an Electoral Board member or the Registrar
o Be any person or the spouse of any person who is the parent, grandparent, sibling, child, or grandchild of an Electoral Board member or of the Registrar
o Hold any other elected or appointed office
• Knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal election and voter registration laws and procedures and Virginia Election and Registration System (VERIS) documentation.
• Ability to work well in a team environment and have strong organizational and multitasking skills.