James City County’s Accounting Division seeks an individual to perform experienced accounting work including but not limited to preparing financial schedules and reports and managing capital assets and leases for the County and its fiscal agencies.
• Manages capital assets and leases for the County and its fiscal agencies: computes; prepares; maintains all journal entries and schedules for the addition, disposal, and depreciation of the capital assets and amortization or modification of any leases.
• Oversees all inventory processes for the capital assets to include developing policies and procedures.
• Prepares complex schedules, research, account analysis, and other material necessary for preparation of financial statements, ledgers, reports, and taxes.
• Coordinates and prepares cash balancing with the Treasurer’s Office for the County
• Computes, prepares, and inputs data for journal entries; reconciles accounts, sub-ledgers, and system modules to the general ledger.