• Conducts regular checks on the security of the Williamsburg Regional Library’s buildings, parking lots and grounds; works closely with library directors, managers, and staff to ensure order and enforce compliance with the library’s rules and regulations of acceptable user behavior; closes and secures the building each night.
• Investigates complaints of uncooperative, disruptive user behavior and handles each situation appropriately; monitors problems with authority to recommend appropriate action in regard to repeat offenders.
• Notifies librarian in charge, supervisors, and police in cases of serious discipline problems and completes appropriate reports; serves as a liaison with police department.
• Notifies librarian in charge regarding incidents of unattended children at closing; may remain with child as detailed in the library’s Unattended Children Procedures.
• In coordination with the librarian in charge, documents incidents; keeps Program Services Director, appropriate library director, managers and staff informed of security problems.
• Assists program services staff with their duties of cleaning and setting up meeting rooms and with reporting James City County Library meeting room attendance; sorts and shelves materials; reads shelves to maintain shelf order; adjusts collection as needed to relieve overcrowding.