James City County’s Social Services Department is seeking an individual to perform responsible work maintaining order and discipline throughout the James City County Department of Social Services buildings, parking lots and grounds, assisting Program Services staff in cleaning and setting up meeting rooms.
• Conducts regular checks on the security of the James City County Department of Social Services building, parking lots and grounds; works closely with department director, managers, and staff to ensure order and enforce compliance with the department’s rules and regulations of acceptable user behavior; closes and secures the building each night.
• Investigates complaints of uncooperative, disruptive user behavior and handles each situation appropriately; monitors problems with authority to recommend appropriate action regarding repeat offenders.
• Notifies director, managers, supervisors, and police in cases of serious incidents or problems and completes appropriate reports; serves as a liaison with Police department.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma; security experience preferred; human services experience preferred; and experience with diverse populations or groups preferred.
• Must possess or be able to obtain within 30 days of hire, a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County criteria.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Skill in use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to plan and organize daily work routine; establish priorities for the completion of work in accordance with sound time management methodology; communicate complex ideas and proposals effectively so others will understand to include preparation of reports, agendas, and policies; listen and understand information and ideas presented verbally or in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain supportive working relationships with co-workers and emergency services personnel; communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions quickly, accurately, and independently; work under minimal supervision; and react appropriately in routine and emergency situations.