Williamsburg Regional Library seeks individual to perform responsible work maintaining order and discipline throughout the Williamsburg Regional Library’s buildings, parking lots, and grounds, Job alternates between James City County Library and Williamsburg Library.
• Conducts regular checks on the security of the Williamsburg Regional Library’s buildings, parking lots and grounds; works closely with library directors, managers and staff to ensure order and enforce compliance with library’s rules and regulations.
• Closes and secures buildings each night.
• Investigates complaints of uncooperative, disruptive user behavior and handles each situation appropriately.
• Notifies librarian in charge, supervisors and police in cases of serious discipline problems and completes appropriate reports; serves as liaison with police department.
• Notifies librarian in charge regarding incidents of unattended children at closing; may remain with child as detailed in the library’s Unattended Children Procedures.
• In coordination with the librarian in charge, documents incidents; keeps appropriate staff informed of security problems.