Seasonal Outdoor Lifeguard
• Ensures the safety of pool patrons; enforces pool policies, rules, and regulations.
• Performs rescues and provide appropriate care; administers first aid, CPR, defibrillation, and oxygen as needed.
• Measures water chemistry and reports results to supervisor.
• Assists in the maintenance and cleaning of pool and pool area.
• Attends staff trainings and meetings.
• Teaches swimming lessons.
• Some lifeguarding experience preferred.
• Must possess reliable transportation to work site(s).
• Must possess and maintain the following American Red Cross certifications:
o First Aid
o Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
o Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
• Knowledge of water rescue methods; lifeguarding and first-aid practices and techniques; swimming pool safety; principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Skill in carrying out water rescues.
• Ability to physically perform all American Red Cross Lifeguarding skills; deal courteously but firmly with pool patrons; communicate effectively both orally and in writing.