School Bus Operator 30-39 hour (Transit Operator)
The City of Charlottesville Pupil Transportation Division is seeking candidates for the position of School Bus Operator (30-39 hour). Position performs routine semi-skilled work providing scheduled fixed-routes in public transportation, daily school transportation, school-related events as well as charter services; does related work as required. Reports to a Transportation Operations Supervisor.
This is a 30-39 hour per week non-exempt position with pro-rated benefits available. Starting offer is based on applicable education, experience, and internal equity. The position also provides excellent benefits including paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance options with employer contribution, employer-paid life insurance, City’s retirement options, and continuing education/training opportunities.
– Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or GED. (One year of work may substitute for one year of education up to a maximum three years substitution.)
– Minimum one year of work experience performing customer service tasks.
– A valid driver’s license is required. (To view our driving eligibility requirements, visit www.charlottesville.gov/faq.aspx?qid=166)
– Must demonstrate the ability to successfully complete the Virginia Education Department training curriculum for school bus drivers and obtain a Commercial Driver’s License with appropriate school bus endorsements within the probationary period.
– Must have no reckless driving or driving under the influence convictions within five years and less than two moving violations within 12 months of employment start date.
– Must be able to pass all phases of the pre-employment screening process, to include a Virginia Department of Transportation Physical Assessment, background check and pre-employment drug screening.
– This position is subject to successfully passing the EB.001 School Bus Drivers Application for Physician Certificate annually.
TO APPLY: to view the complete job information and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through our employment page.
The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.