School Bus Aide (20-29 hour)
Application Deadline: Continuous/Open Until Filled.
The City of Charlottesville is seeking candidates to be considered for School Bus Aide. Pupil Transportation’s goal is to provide dependable, efficient, and safe transportation service. The School Bus Aide performs routine human support work monitoring the conduct of students on school buses and assisting with discipline and safety; does related work as required. Primarily and most frequently the work done here is under direct supervision, within one functional area, and of a routine nature.
The starting amount will be $15.00 an hour. This is a 20-29 hour position and is eligible for pro-rated benefits. The approximate work schedule is 7am – 9am AND 2pm – 4 pm.
– Directs the loading and unloading of students to prevent congestion and unsafe conditions;
– Rides bus to maintain order among students;
– Participates in bus safety drills;
– Assists in maintaining and enforcing discipline and safety regulations;
– Maintains records, and prepares reports on student behavior;
– Assists bus operator when necessary;
– May operate city owned vehicle;
– Perform related duties as required.
– Any combination of education and experience equivalent to completion of the eighth grade.
– Requires a valid VA driver’s license by employment start date. (To view our driving eligibility requirements, visit www.charlottesville.gov/faq.aspx?qid=166).
TO APPLY: to view the complete job posting and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through our employment page and must be submitted prior to the listed closing date and time.
The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.