Town of Christiansburg
Reporting directly to the Public Works Director, the Safety Coordinator actively manages the health and safety programs for the department and provides required training. This position is responsible for researching, developing, and implementing safety, health, and environmental programs primarily for the Public Works Department, and occasionally other departments within the Town.
• Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety, environmental safety, industrial hygiene or related field, or equivalent education, training, and experience
• Minimum of 2 years of related professional experience in occupational health and safety
• Experience developing and providing training presentations
• Valid Virginia driver’s license, with the ability to meet and maintain Town insurability requirements and a minimum of three years driving experience
• Must be able to obtain/maintain a variety of certifications from the National Safety Council and Occupational Safety and Health Administration
• Preference given for the following certifications: OSHA 30 and OSHA 500 or 501; VDOT Intermediate Work Zone and Flagging; Certified Safety Professional or Certified Industrial Hygienist; and First Aid/ CPR Instructor