Regular Transit Operator – Charlottesville Area Transit
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled.
Typical starting pay at $21.00 an hour. This is a full-time 40-hour per week, non-exempt, position and is eligible for healthcare benefits. The position provides excellent benefits including paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance options with employer contribution, employer-paid life insurance, City’s retirement options, gym membership reimbursement, and continuing education/training opportunities.
The City of Charlottesville is accepting applications for Transit Operator who are highly motivated and who strive for success by demonstrating Charlottesville’s Core Values of Leadership, Trust, Creativity, Respect, and Excellence. Position performs routine semi-skilled work for providing scheduled fixed-routes in public transportation with Charlottesville Area Transit Division (CAT); daily school transportation or school-related events, as well as charter services for Charlottesville Area Transit may be required; does related work as required. Reports to a Transportation Operations Supervisor.
For those without a CDL, free training will be provided.
– Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or GED. (One year of work may substitute for one year of education up to a maximum three years substitution.)
– Minimum one year of work experience performing customer service tasks.
– A valid driver’s license is required. (To view our driving eligibility requirements, visit https://www.charlottesville.gov/faq.aspx?qid=166);
– Must have no reckless driving or driving under the influence convictions within five years and less than two moving violations within 12 months of employment start date.
– Must be able to pass all phases of the pre-employment screening process, to include a Virginia Department of Transportation Physical Assessment, background check and pre-employment drug screening.
TO APPLY: to view the complete job posting and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through the City of Charlottesville employment page.
The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.