Registered Nurse-Occupational Health Nurse
The City of Virginia Beach, Human Resources – Occupational Health division is recruiting for a Registered Nurse.
The Registered Nurse (Occupational Health Nurse) will be responsible for the following duties:
- Perform duties as a Registered Nurse, with emphasis on verifying duty status, vaccinations and assisting with returning employees back to work safely. Act as the primary clinical liaison for verifying employee’s work duty status as they return to work from personal or work-related incidents or medical conditions, and integrating them back into their respective departments. The position will operate daily under the general supervision of the Occupational Health Coordinator as the role supports clinical functions and on occasion, report directly to the Occupational Safety and Health Services Manager for special assignments.
- Perform assessments and screenings to assist in evaluating employee needs and coordinating their work status documentation with their employer.
- Provide professional resources and referral and consult with advanced clinical practitioners to ensure the provision of effective care.
- Oversee the City’s occupational vaccination program scheduling, facilitating and operating necessary shot clinics, field/site visits or offering in-clinic opportunities.
- Assess and monitor the delivery of health care to ensure the employees can safely perform their jobs or alternative placements, as a result of a work related or non-work related medical condition or illness.
- Meet with employees to verify return to duty status and assess medical recovery progress, return to work (RTW) barriers, physical job requirements, modified duty opportunities and the work environment.
Requires current and valid licensure as a Registered Nurse by the State of Virginia or as a part of the Compact Designation (Multi-State Privileges) and 2 or more years related hands-on Registered Nurse experience. Current CPR certification. Must have, or obtain, a current and valid Virginia or North Carolina driver’s license in accordance with Virginia or North Carolina DMV driver’s license eligibility requirements. Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or Associate of Nursing (ASN) preferred. Certification as a Case Manager. Certification as Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN).
For more information and to apply on-line go to www.vbgovcareers.com EOE