Recycling Center Attendant
Do you want to utilize your customer service skills to greet and assist residents at the City’s Recycling Convenience Center? If so, the Public Works Department’s Recycling Center Attendant may be the right job for you!
The Public Works Department’s Recycling Center Attendant position is a part-time position (no benefits) with a preferred hiring rate of $16.60 per hour. The position requires availability of approximately 20-25 hours per week, including Saturdays from 7:30am to 12:00pm.
As the Recycling Center Attendant, you will:
– Open the convenience center, including, but not limited to, opening the gates, doors and bins;
– Greet citizens and answers general recycling/solid waste questions;
– Assist with the sorting of recyclables, bulk material and yard debris;
– Change the full containers as needed, which requires the ability to operate a forklift or front-end loader;
– Pick up any trash or recyclables from around the facility at the end of each shift; and
– Assist with other departmental duties as needed, including, but not limited to, mowing and weed removal.
– High school diploma or GED and minimal experience in one of the building trades, recycling, solid waste or sanitation, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
– A valid driver’s license.
– 18 years of age or older at date of hire.
– Current possession of forklift certification or the ability to obtain within 2 months of hire date.
– View the physical requirements of this position on the City’s website.
To Apply: Applications will be accepted on the City’s website until a suitable pool of candidates is received. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 08/25/2022)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.