Recreation Leader (Child Watch)
James City County Parks & Recreation is seeking enthusiastic individuals with high energy and ability to work in a team environment to help plan, lead and coordinate recreational activities such as games, sports, arts, crafts and for children (ages 3 months to 11 years old) at James City County Recreation Center. This position is scheduled for evening hours Tuesday and Thursday from 5:30-7:30pm.
• Assist with and plan a variety of engaging daily recreational activities
• Ensure a safe environment for children
• Assist with behavior management and record keeping
• Establish and maintain rapport with participants, parents, and staff
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma.
• Some knowledge of child growth/development, safety and health practices and experience working with children in a recreational, educational or state licensed day care program setting is preferred.
• Must possess and maintain, or be able to obtain within 60 days of hire, CPR certification from the American Red Cross.
Accepting applications until 11:59pm EST on 08/07/2019 or when filled, whichever comes first. Only online applications to our website will be considered. To apply, please visit the James City County Career Center at https://jobs.jamescitycountyva.gov