Recreation Facility Attendant
Do you want to utilize your customer service skills and abilities to make a positive impact on citizens and guests visiting Parks and Recreation facilities? If so, the City of Harrisonburg’s Parks and Recreation Department’s Recreation Facility Attendant position may be the right job for you!
Experience as a cashier or with a point-of-sale system and some experience providing customer service is preferred but not required for consideration.
As a Recreation Facility Attendant, you’ll:
– Work at one of two facilities: the Lucy F. Simms Continuing Education Center or the Cecil F. Gilkerson Community Activities Center.
– Interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about processes or services;
– Monitor the conduct of patrons at the facility;
– Promote facility services and events;
– Operate assigned office equipment, including cash registers and computer software/systems;
– Collect money and issue receipts of payment;
– Reconcile cash on hand with daily receipts;
– Maintain daily records;
– Perform daily maintenance tasks on a regular schedule;
– Maintain the facility and storage areas in a clean and orderly fashion.
To Apply: In order to be considered, all candidates must submit a complete City of Harrisonburg online employment application, including previous work experience and education history. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 04/20/2023)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.