Recreation Aide – Youth Services
Do you want to have fun at work while also providing a safe and engaging environment for youth? If so, the City of Harrisonburg’s Recreation Aide – Youth Services position may be the right job for you!
The Recreation Aide in Youth Services is a year-round part-time position (no benefits) with a preferred hiring rate of $13.14 per hour. The ideal candidate for this position will assist with the implementation of a variety of Youth Services activities (“SOAR”- Summer Organized Activities and Recreation; and “ASA”- After-School Activities) and Parks & Recreation Department’s programs, services, and events.
– Must be at least 18 years of age by date of hire (approximately 4 weeks after application date);
– High school diploma or GED or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
– Exemplary customer service abilities;
– View the physical requirements for this position on the City’s website.
– Hours of Availability Required:
…During the school year (ASA: Mid-August through Mid-June): An afternoon/evening shift from 3:30pm to 6:00pm (dependent upon shift assignment and needed coverage for other department programs) at least 3 days per week (Monday through Friday).
…During the summer (SOAR: June through Mid-August): Shifts will vary Monday through Friday.
…Please note some special events will fall outside of the above time frames but will be required on an as-needed basis.
– Some experience serving as a recreational aide or group leader preferred but not required.
To Apply: In order to be considered, all candidates must submit a complete City of Harrisonburg online employment application, including previous work experience and education history. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 08/25/2022)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.