Recreation Aide – Athletics
Do you want to utilize your organizational skills, customer service skills, and passion for sports in a youth athletics league setting? If so, the City of Harrisonburg Parks and Recreation Department’s Recreation Aide – Athletics may be the right job for you!
The ideal candidate for this position will exhibit exemplary customer service while performing a variety of duties within the Parks and Recreation Department’s Athletics Division, including general assistance with the athletic league. Some experience serving as a recreational aide or group leader is preferred but not required. A detailed list of the ideal candidate’s knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position is available in the Recreation Aide class specification on the City’s website.
As a Recreation Aide in the Athletics Division, you’ll:
– Assist with the implementation of a variety of athletic and recreation programs, services, and events, including enforcement of program, facility, and activity rules and regulations;
– Receive visitors;
– Respond to questions and provide information related to Parks and Recreation programs and activities;
– Process payments, registrations, rentals, and transactions;
– Assist with facilities preparation for programs and events, including cleaning and maintenance of facilities and equipment;
– Open and close the recreation facility, as needed.
– High school diploma or GED, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Valid driver’s license.
– Availability to work in the evenings and on some weekends, as needed.
– View the physical requirements for this position on the City’s website.
To Apply: In order to be considered, all candidates must submit a complete City of Harrisonburg online employment application, including previous work experience and education history. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 04/28/2023)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.