Records Management Coordinator
SUMMARY: Maintains manuals, automated police records, and other law enforcement paperwork collected by the police department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may also be assigned.
• Aids in planning, organizing, and maintaining the department’s general and case filing system;
• Maintains the departments selected Records Management System (RMS) software;
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Crystal Reporting
• Compiles, submits, and exports weekly, monthly and yearly statistics
• Notarizes documents;
• Enters police reports, citations, and other RMS information
• Classifies, codes, enters and disseminates files and generates criminal and statistical reports;
• Submits IBR reports to the State Police;
• Handles expungements;
• Processes sex offender registry paperwork;
• Assists with FOIA requests;
• Train new employees on the departments automated police reports and RMS;
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required. Associate degree clerical field is preferred; Possession of a valid and appropriate driver’s license. Must be certified in the operation and use of department equipment used by the position; Ability to read and understand policies and laws. Ability to write documents using proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Foreign language skills preferred; Knowledge of police methods, practices, and procedures. Knowledge of the geography, history, and government of the City. Thorough knowledge of the general orders, procedures, and guidelines of the department.
NOTE: This classification specification is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee will also perform other reasonably-related job responsibilities as assigned and required by management. City of Winchester reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This classification specification does not constitute a written contract of employment.