Real Estate Assessor
The City of Falls Church is recruiting a full-time Real Estate Assessor. The individual selected will perform professional real estate assessment work for residential properties to include complex residential single family, vacant land, and condos; and general commercial properties. The Real Estate Assessor (Assessor) administers, plans, and supervises programs for appraisal of all taxable real estate in conjunction with the Finance Director.
• Collects data for the appraisal analysis of residential and commercial properties;
• Analyzes residential market data to determine trends and assists in the building of economic models for
the use in the mass appraisal of residential properties;
• Responds to requests for assessment information and the interpretation of the appraisal process from City
officials, the Board of Equalization, property owners and the public at large.
• Any combination of education, experience and training equivalent to graduation with major course work
in real estate, business administration or a related field from an accredited four- year college or university
with a Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or related field;
• Five (5) years of real estate assessment experience;
• Three years of supervisory experience; and
• Virginia Certified General Appraisal License.
• Commercial appraisals and processing supplement assessment experience;
• Knowledge of Proval and Vision CAMA systems.
Hours: This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Salary & Benefits: $118,138-147,149, depending on qualifications. In addition, the City also offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, pension plan, deferred compensation plan, flexible spending account, college savings plan, life and long-term disability insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, free parking, credit union membership, and more. See www.fallschurchva.gov for additional information.
To Apply: Submit a letter of interest and resume to Steven J. Mason, Sr., Human Resources Director, City of Falls Church, in PDF format to email@example.com. (Note: If sending as a pdf, please save as: “last name” resume.pdf.) This position is open until filled; however, interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply not later than June 4, 2021.