Real Estate Appraiser I
This position offers career opportunities for the candidate with the willingness to learn and grow!
Performs responsible entry-level technical work in appraising residential and commercial property within the County to determine market value for tax purposes. Work involves measuring, sketching and inspecting properties, and entering data using a Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal (CAMA) system. As experience is gained, appraisal assignments will become progressively more complex. Work is assigned and performed under the continuing direction, guidance and supervision of the Real Estate Assessment Manager.
– Associate’s degree in real estate, business administration, or a related field.
– One (1) to two (2) years of experience in real estate appraisal with a minimum of one IAAO course, or a closely related field involving public relations.
– Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
– Requires proficiency with computer software applications such as Excel and Word and general knowledge of relational database characteristics. –
Possession of a valid driver’s license; possess and maintain a driving record that meets established Gloucester County Driving Standards.
– Must be available to work flexible hours and/or overtime during deadlines and extremely busy times.
Completion of the following is required within 2 years of employment:
– IAAO Course 101- Fundamentals of Real Property Appraisal
– IAAO Workshop 171- Standards of Professional Practices and Ethics or IAAO Workshop 151 – Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (National)
– Or equivalent course(s) through other Virginia approved continuing education provider.
– Virginia Licensed/Certified Residential Real Estate Appraiser license is preferred.
To be considered for this position, your online application must include your cover letter, resume and a minimum of 3 professional references. A minimum of 3 professional references MUST be listed on the application. (Note: Professional references are individuals who can attest to your job related knowledge, skills and abilities while working or in a volunteer capacity and are not family or personally related.)
For a complete description and to apply on-line, visit our website at www.gloucesterva.jobs
Gloucester County is an Equal Opportunity Employer