Pupil Transportation Lead Operator
Application Deadline: 10/29/2021 at 5pm EST
The Lead Operator with Pupil Transportation is responsible for ensuring transit services run efficiently by providing information and logistics support to supervisors, operators, passengers, and/or parents and school officials ensuring trips are routed efficiently with minimal delays. Responsible for providing day-to-day guidance to the supervisors and drivers through various methods of communication. Ensures the daily service needs are met, including re-assignment of personnel, re-routing of vehicles, and dispatching additional driver/vehicles as needed.
$17.00 to $21.42 an hour ($35,360 to $44,553.60 annually). Starting offer is based on applicable education, experience, and internal equity. This is a full-time, non-exempt, position. The position also provides excellent benefits including 13 paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance options with employer contribution, employer-paid life insurance, City’s retirement options, gym reimbursement program, and continuing education/training opportunities.
– Combination of education and experience equivalent to an associate’s degree in administrative, business, operations, or related field. (Minimally, possession of a high school diploma or GED plus two years of relevant work experience may be considered equivalent.)
– Minimum of 6 months of experience in related field such as office, customer service or clerical administration using computerized systems required.
– Basic computer skills are required with ability to do email, word processing, spreadsheet, and operate an Automatic Vehicle Location system.
– Valid Virginia driver’s license.
– Must obtain a Class A or B Virginia Commercials Drivers License with passenger, school bus, and air brake endorsements within 90 days of hire.
– Must have no reckless driving or driving under the influence convictions within five years and less than two moving violations within 12 months of employment start date.
– Must be able to pass all phases of the pre-employment screening process, to include a Virginia Department of Transportation Physical Assessment, background check and pre-employment drug screening.
– Position may be subject to successfully passing the EB.001 School Bus Drivers Application for Physician Certificate annually.
TO APPLY: to view the complete job information and to apply, visit our employment website.
The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.