Public Works Technician
The Strasburg Department of Public Works is seeking Utility, Horticulture and Streets Technicians for Full time positions. Duties will include performing intermediate skilled trades/technical work participating in repair and maintenance activities within the town. Ability to be on call and work night/weekends required.
Horticulture Technician: Performs intermediate skilled trades work participating in horticultural activities within the town. Duties include, but are not limited to, mowing, weed eating, watering plants, weed control (spray), maintaining town parks, landscaped areas and open spaces. Work is to be done directly under the supervision of the Horticulture Foreman.
Streets Technician: Performs intermediate skilled trades work participating in street maintenance or repair crew, operating construction and maintenance equipment, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Street Foreman.
Utility Technician: Performs intermediate skilled trades work assisting with water treatment (snaitary sewer) and water line distribution operations, construction and maintenance projects, repairing and maintaining machinery and equipment, maintaining records and files, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Utilities Foreman.
General Requirements of All Positions:
▪ Processes and completes works orders
▪ Participates in Town seasonal events and activities.
▪ Maintains grounds of Town parks and at the Town Shop.
▪ Maintains hand tools, equipment, trucks and trailers.
▪ Will be “on call” on a regular rotating basis
▪ Assists with snow and ice removal as needed.
▪ Assists with emergencies as needed
▪ Must have a point of contact for after hours emergencies.
▪ Assists with other duties as necessary
Please note: Part-time positions are also available. Pay Range: $13.20 – $19.95 per hour