Public Works Operator
Public Works Operator
The Town of Warsaw is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Public Works Operator. This position will serve under the direct supervision of the Director of Water and Waste Collection. The potential employee will perform a wide array of functions across multiple departments, ranging from large-scale tasks to daily functions and operations. This position is full-time with an excellent benefits package that includes health, vision and dental insurance, inclusion into the Virginia Retirement System (VRS), and annual paid leave. Salary will be commensurate with desirable qualifications and experience.
Essential Job Functions
• Daily tests of water quality throughout designated wells within Town.
• Adhere to all DEQ standards to maintain our exceptional water quality.
• Monthly reading of water meters for billing purposes.
• Intermittent operation of large equipment for various tasks throughout Town.
• Responsible for setting water treatment process flows and chemical dosages.
• General labor and maintenance that varies from day to day.
• Maintenance of sidewalks, storm water management, buildings and grounds, parks grounds keeping, public right-of-way maintenance, street cleaning and refuse collection.
• All other duties, as requested by the Director or Town Manager.
• Valid Virginia Commercial Driver’s License, Class A
• Graduation from an accredited high school. Some college background is preferred.
• Occasional weekend and holiday work will be required, as needed.
• Knowledge of computers, pumps, plumbing, mechanical devices, power equipment, electric motors, etc., is recommended.
• Occasional lifting of up to 75 pounds may be required.
• Operation of outdoor equipment, machine shop tools and other equipment is required.
• Class 5 Water License must be obtained within first six (6) months of employment.
• Must pass a brief competency examination during the final interview process.
Application Process & Submission Date
Applications can be found at the Town of Warsaw website at www.townofwarsaw.com, or at the Warsaw Town Office located at 78 Belle Ville Lane, Warsaw, Virginia 22572. The position will remain open until filled. Along with your application, please submit a resume with no less than three (3) references. Applications may be submitted to Joseph Quesenberry, Town Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.