Public Works Director
The City of Bowie is seeking a proven and experienced professional to serve as its next Public Works Director. The successful candidate will have a broad background in all aspects of public works operations. This individual will be a skilled problem solver with the ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization, as well as City residents. Additionally, a manager with the ability to foster an environment where employees feel motivated to perform at their highest level is a highly desirable quality.
Bowie’s next Public Works Director will have a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a closely related field and a professional engineer’s license. The successful candidate will have seven to ten years of Public Works experience in the public sector, or project administration experience in the private sector. Similar military experience will be considered. Applicants possessing a master’s degree in engineering, public administration, Project Management or a related field are highly desirable. COVID-19 vaccination as a requirement.
The successful applicant will also possess the following attributes:
– Knowledge of civil engineering and construction principles, practices, and methods;
– Demonstrated skill in resolving public works issues with contractors and city residents;
– Ability to provide strong and effective leadership to departmental mid-level supervisors, staff and varied operations;
– Ability to establish effective working relationships with other department heads, city officials and residents;
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position please email your confidential resume, cover letter and salary history with “PW Director Recruitment” in the subject line to Steven W. Haley, Human Resources Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions, you may contact the Human Resources Office at (240) 544-5613.