PROPERTY MAINTENANCE CODE INSPECTOR (I, II OR III)
• Performs entry level work and develops skills in code inspections in accordance with the USBC.
• Assists other staff by researching specific provisions of codes, ordinances, and related City policies;
• Addresses complaints, communicates abatement action, and provides required follow up;
• Enters inspection data, results, and reports into an automated database, prepares violation notification and corrective direction;
• Operates and maintains a City vehicle and all other issued equipment.
• Manages inspection schedule and maintains inspection reports;
• Attends community meetings and testifies in court, as required.
• Follows established industry safety guidelines and practices, and utilizes necessary safety equipment;
• Attends training to earn and maintain continuous education and certification requirements as required by the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development and the Department of Code Administration;
• Maintains a current knowledge of City and department policies, procedures and guidelines;
• Attends meetings and testifies in court, as required.
Code Inspector positions may be filled at level I, II or III based on candidate’s experience and qualifications.
The salary range for Code Inspector I is $44,970.12 – $79,136.46 Annually
The salary range for Code Inspector II is $47,240.70 – $83,131.88 Annually
The salary range for Code Inspector III is $52,080.08 – $91,648.44 Annually