Are you seeking your next career move with an organization that values your technical and leadership skills related to project management in the public works and/or public utilities fields? If so, consider applying to become the City of Harrisonburg Public Utilities Department’s Project Manager!
As a Project Manager in Public Utilities, you’ll perform a variety of advanced skilled technical work managing multiple phases of City public infrastructure capital projects from conception to completion, including:
– The initiating phase of supervising and scheduling of engineering field liaison crews for asset data collection and synthesis into design documents;
– The design phase by assisting with creating and approving construction plans/specifications;
– The monitoring phase by making field modifications and by inspecting the workmanship and materials of contractors for compliance with city specifications and industry standards;
– The closure phase by coordinating the transfer of assets to the asset manager;
– In all phases, engaging and communicating with project stakeholders.
– Associates/Technical degree with coursework in project management, contract management, construction, engineering, or related field and extensive (6 or more years) experience in project management in the public works and/or public utilities field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be used to meet this requirement.
– Asset management certification and project management (PMI) certification or training desired but not required for consideration.
– Possession of a valid driver’s license.
– View the physical requirements of this position on the City’s website.
To Apply: In order to be considered, all candidates must submit a complete City of Harrisonburg online employment application, to include previous work experience and education history. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 10/26/2022)
The City provides an excellent benefits package including health insurance, retirement (VRS & MissionSquare), life insurance, paid leave and holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.