PROJECT ENGINEER (Multiple Vacancies)
Capital Design Department (one position)
Capital Construction Department (one position)
Loudoun Water is the water and wastewater authority serving Loudoun County, Virginia – a suburb of Washington, DC and one of the fastest growing counties in the United States. The County is home to a population of 390,000 residents, and continued growth is anticipated, bolstered by a new mass transportation link to DC. Keeping up and successfully staying ahead of the pace of development has been our trademark – and we are looking for new people to join us!
Loudoun Water has immediate openings for Project Engineers in its Capital Design and Capital Construction departments. The Capital Design and Capital Construction Departments are instrumental to the delivery of Loudoun Water’s Capital Improvement Program. The Project Engineers will be responsible for design and construction administration of a variety of water, wastewater, and reclaimed water projects. Essential functions include:
• Developing and actively managing scopes, budgets, and schedules for design and construction phase efforts in the best interest of Loudoun Water;
• Leading stakeholder efforts to resolve project issues, build consensus, agree on design decisions, and resolve construction phase challenges;
• Construction administration and management of water, wastewater, and reclaimed water projects;
• Supporting senior project engineers in the delivery of capital projects;
• Coordinating the operational testing and commissioning of new facilities; and
• Coordinating with regulatory agencies for project approvals during design and compliance during construction.
We are looking for highly motivated self-starters with an eye for quality, “can do” attitude, and excellent technical and communication skills. We offer highly competitive salaries, a stable work environment and excellent employee benefits.
Requirements: BS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field and a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience, including relevant design or construction administration and management experience on water and wastewater facilities and infrastructure. An MS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering may be applied towards the experience requirements. Registration as a Professional Engineer in Virginia is desirable.
Special Requirements: If selected for employment all new hires must be willing to get vaccinated or provide proof of vaccination for Covi