Program Services Assistant
Williamsburg Regional Library, a nationally recognized, star-rated library, is looking for a public-service focused individual to join our program services team. WRL contributes to a strong, informed, and resilient community by providing access to resources, programs, and public spaces. WRL delivers outstanding and equitable library services to all members of a diverse region.
Program Services Assistants provide excellent customer service to members of the public and staff by helping them use the library’s meeting rooms and equipment; including providing technical support services for public and staff programs; operating and reconciling a cash register and credit card machine; cleaning and set up meeting rooms as necessary, checking and setting lighting, theatrical and sound equipment for programs and performances.
WRL offers a collaborative, collegial, and flexible work environment with an emphasis on always adapting to meet the changing needs of our users. WRL is committed to equal opportunity in its employment practices. WRL values diversity and invites applications from all candidates, including those who identify with underrepresented groups.
• Provides technical support services for public and staff programs.
• Uses a computer scheduling system to assist the public and staff in making reservations for theatre and meeting room use; explains theatre and meeting room policies and procedures to users.
• Operates and reconciles a cash register and credit card machine.
• Cleans and sets up theatre and meeting rooms as necessary, including moving furniture, equipment and other items, and replacing light bulbs; checks and sets lighting, theatrical and sound equipment, as needed, for programs.
• With proper training, performs preventive maintenance and minor repair of equipment; minor repair of audio and video materials; assists in the mounting and maintenance of exhibits.
• May participate in library-wide committees or projects.