Program Services Assistant
The Williamsburg Regional Library (WRL) is seeking an individual to perform responsible work assisting the public and staff in using the Library’s facilities and equipment, and assist with set-up, operation, minor repair and preventive maintenance of library audiovisual materials and equipment.
• Provide technical support services for public and staff programs.
• Assist the public and staff in making reservations for theatre and meeting room use; explain theatre and meeting room policies and procedures to users.
• Operate and reconcile cash register and credit card machine.
• Clean and set up theatre and meeting rooms as necessary, including moving furniture, equipment and other items, and replacing light bulbs; check and set lighting, theatrical and sound equipment for programs as needed.
• With proper training, perform preventive maintenance and minor repair of equipment; minor repair of audio and video materials; assist in the mounting and maintenance of exhibits.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma; Associate’s degree preferred; some experience in personal computers, audiovisual and theatrical equipment experience preferred.
• Must possess or be able to obtain within 30 days of hire a valid Virginia Driver’s License and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction; basic library operations preferred.
• Skill in use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to meet and work with the public in a congenial manner, following library and security policies, procedures and regulations; communicate and work well with other staff members; maintain records in a standard, orderly, systematic fashion; learn to use specialized theatrical equipment; learn preventive maintenance and minor repair of equipment including that of audio and video materials; organize daily and long-range projects, use time effectively, and work independently.