Program Services Assistant
$13.72 / hour + Partial County Benefits (20 hours/week)
The Williamsburg Regional Library seeks an individual to perform responsible work assisting the public and staff in using the library’s facilities and equipment; assisting with set-up, operation, minor repair, and preventive maintenance of library audiovisual materials and equipment.
• Provide technical support services for public and staff programs.
• Use a computer scheduling system to assist the public and staff in making reservations for theatre and meeting room use; explain theatre and meeting room policies and procedures to users.
• Operate and reconcile a cash register and credit card machine.
• Clean and set up theatre and meeting rooms as necessary including moving furniture, equipment and other items, and replacing light bulbs; check and set lighting, theatrical, and sound equipment as needed for programs.
• With proper training, perform preventive maintenance and minor repair of equipment; minor repair of audio and video materials; assist in the mounting and maintenance of exhibits.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma; Associate’s degree preferred; some experience in personal computers, audiovisual and theatrical equipment experience preferred.
• Must possess or be able to obtain within 30 days of hire a valid Virginia Driver’s License and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction; basic library operations preferred.
• Ability to meet and work with the public in a congenial manner, following library and security policies, procedures and regulations; communicate and work well with other staff members; maintain records in a standard, orderly, systematic fashion; learn to use specialized theatrical equipment; learn preventive maintenance and minor repair of equipment including that of audio and video materials; organize daily and long-range projects, use time effectively, and work independently.
Accepting applications until 11:59pm EST on 06/22/2019 or when filled, whichever comes first. Only online applications to our website will be considered. To apply, please visit the James City County Career Center at https://jobs.jamescitycountyva.gov