President – Blacksburg Partnership
President, the Blacksburg Partnership
The Blacksburg Partnership, an independent economic development organization is seeking candidates for the position of President. The role of the President is to fulfill the mission of the organization by fostering quality of life initiatives, promoting the attributes of the Blacksburg community for retail and business development, and participating in regional and statewide economic development efforts. The President reports to the Board of Directors, and provides leadership, vision, guidance and strategic direction.
The President also manages the organization’s financial resources by ensuring strategic objectives are met, and the financial health of the Partnership preserved. Financial sustainability is achieved by planning and executing successful events such as the annual Blacksburg Fork & Cork (food, wine, and art festival) and Blacksburg Brew Do (craft beer festival), in addition to securing sponsorships, grants, and other partnering opportunities.
• Bachelor’s degree plus progressively responsible and relevant work experience required; Master’s degree preferred.
• Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) designation preferred, but not required.
• A proven track record of leadership, community relations, fiscal responsibility, and experience managing a team of people to achieve organizational growth.
• Passion for connecting and building relationships with people.
• Strong interest in integrating oneself into the community.
• Proven excellence in written and oral communication and media relations experience.
• Working knowledge of economic development, local and state governmental processes.
• Experience with finance, budgeting, planning, and performance analysis. Self-initiated management experience.
• Ability to serve on various committees and boards, as well as facilitate the same.
• Ability to plan and execute large scale fundraising events.
For additional information visit https://stepintoblacksburg.org/about-the-blacksburg-partnership/opportunities/
To apply, submit cover letter and resume, and three professional references to: email@example.com. Deadline for submissions is 5:00 pm on Thursday, April 15, 2021.