Power Generation Mechanic
The James City Service Authority seeks career minded individuals to perform advanced work in the maintenance and repair of power generation and associated control systems, including electrical and electronic subassemblies, microprocessor and variable frequency drives and electro-mechanical applications. Services control applications used in water and wastewater control systems, to include programming of automated systems.
• Performs complex maintenance, repairs and installations of power generation equipment and related systems in well and lift station facilities to motor controllers, power distribution systems, generators, engines and other associated mechanical systems.
• Duties also include predictive maintenance tasks such as vibration and temperature analysis.
• Performs as diesel, gasoline and natural gas prime mover mechanic, i.e., services, troubleshoots, repairs such as fuel injections systems and electronic governors, including overseeing fuel system conditions and monitoring organics and contaminants.
• Redesigns and rewires control systems in water production and wastewater collection facilities; designs and modifies control circuits for new and relocated electrical equipment systems.
• Performs complex generator and engine control work and various types of automatic bus transfer switching systems; diagnoses high level problems with pumps and motors.
• Performs various electrical construction projects to include rigid, EMT and PVC conduit installation and installation of control panels and motor controllers to include proper sizing of wires/cables and above items.
• Designs and installs upgrades of existing power generation systems, which includes transfer switching gear.
• Performs program changes and troubleshooting task utilizing various forms of software.