Are you seeking a challenging yet rewarding opportunity that allows you to utilize your aquatics-related certifications to oversee pool maintenance? If so, consider applying for the City of Harrisonburg Parks and Recreation Department’s Pool Operator position!
The ideal candidate for this leadership position will perform a variety of duties related to the operations and maintenance of an aquatic facility for the community while maintaining a culture of professionalism and respect at all levels.
As a Pool Operator, you’ll:
– Supervise and train lifeguards and pool staff involved in the operation and maintenance of a municipal swimming facility;
– Perform lifeguarding and instructional duties as required;
– Plan and direct maintenance activities of staff, including assigning maintenance tasks;
– Prepare a variety of documents, including purchase requisitions for supplies, weekly participation reports, staff schedules, and approval of leave request forms;
– Perform other duties as listed in the job ad on the City’s website.
To Apply: In order to be considered, all candidates must submit a complete City of Harrisonburg online employment application, to include previous work experience and education history. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 08/25/2022)
The City provides an excellent benefits package including health insurance, retirement (VRS & MissionSquare), life insurance, paid leave and holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.