Police Officer – Certified
The City of Harrisonburg, VA (population approximately 53K) is currently recruiting for the position of Certified Police Officer. Applicants must hold a current Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) certification for Law Enforcement Officer. A multi-phase review process will determine which applicants will be interviewed for possible hire. An eligibility list will be created from the review process.
– Certified Police Officer through the Virginia DCJS.
– Attend and successfully complete a physical agility testing. Testing date TBD.
– High School Diploma or GED. College Degree or Military Experience preferred;
– 21 years of age by July 1, 2018;
– U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien with an application for Naturalization filed and pending with Immigration Services;
– Valid driver’s license with good record
– Able to work 12-hour shift. (6am – 6pm, 6pm – 6am, or 3pm – 3am)
– Good physical condition
– Must live or be willing to move within a 30-mile radius of Harrisonburg, VA
More information related to this position is located on the City’s website at: https://www.harrisonburgva.gov/employment.
Application Deadline: Please note that the City is currently accepting applications for Certified Police Officers only. Applications will be accepted until a suitable pool of applicants is received. The position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 02/27/2018)
A physical agility test will be offered periodically as applications are received. Applicants will be notified of testing dates as they are scheduled. Applicants must bring proof of current Law Enforcement credentials (i.e. – department ID, badge or LEO certificate) to the testing.
The City provides an excellent benefits package including health insurance, retirement (VRS), life insurance, paid leave and holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.