Plant Mechanic I
The City of Winchester invites you to come join our team! The City has an outstading strategic plan that includes goals and objectives, a clear vision, and a culture of colaboration. We are recruiting for a Plant Mechanic I (Water/Wastewater) in our Public Services Department.
* Troubleshoots machinery and equipment using listening and visual inspection and tests to determine machine malfunctions and operating
* Makes diagnoses and repairs;
* Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts;
* Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery;
* Lays out, assembles, installs and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges,
valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment;
* Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment;
* Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs, and fixtures
* Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts;
* Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures;
* Repairs and maintains the heating and air conditioning within the facility.