Plant Mechanic I
The City of Winchester and the Public Services Department invites you to come join our team! The City has an outstanding strategic plan that includes goals and objectives, a clear vision, and a culture of collaboration. We are recruiting for a Plant Mechanic I in our Wastewater Division.
– Troubleshoots machinery and equipment using listening and visual inspection and tests to determine machine
malfunctions and operating variations;
– Makes diagnoses and repairs;
– Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts;
– Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery;
– Lays out, assembles, installs and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and
repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment;
– Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment;
– Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate
machine parts, jigs, and fixtures and tools;
– Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts;
– Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures;
– Repairs and maintains the heating and air conditioning within the facility.
Work is conducted outdoors under variable weather conditions. Frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, vibration, noise, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals.