Are you seeking an opportunity to utilize your knowledge, skills, and abilities related to building inspections work or the building construction trades/inspection fields? If so, apply to become the next Plans Reviewer with the City of Harrisonburg’s Community Development Department!
The Plans Reviewer is responsible for performing a variety of detailed plan reviews to ensure compliance with a variety of laws and ordinances, including the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment with limited supervision while ensuring thorough and quality reviews are conducted.
As the Plans Reviewer, you will:
– Review plans for conformance with standards and compliance with applicable codes;
– Prepare and review evaluations;
– Coordinate renovations with architects and engineers;
– Work with contractors, owners, and developers to secure compliance with approved plans and permits;
– Approve and issue building and demolition permits;
– Conduct site inspections;
– Confer with contractors and owners on code compliance matters;
– Answer questions from private citizens, contractors, and builders;
– Attend meetings and maintain necessary records and reports, including assisting the office with clerical work as needed.
To Apply: In order to be considered, all candidates must submit a complete a City of Harrisonburg online employment application, to include previous work experience and education history. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 08/26/2022)
The City provides an excellent benefits package including health insurance, retirement (VRS & MissionSquare), life insurance, paid leave and holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.