• Ensures Center rules, safety standards and sanitation requirements are followed.
• Instructs patrons in the proper use of the Nautilus, Cybex and cardiovascular equipment; performs and schedules patron orientations.
• Performs routine daily maintenance tasks as needed such as cleaning equipment and minor repairs.
• Aids patrons in daily operation of equipment and answers questions concerning operation of equipment.
• Conducts Fitness workshops/Health and Wellness Programs, Fitness Assessments and Body Composition analysis as scheduled.
• Represents department at health and benefit fairs; promotes classes and workshops.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma; some experience as a Fitness Attendant or related field.
• Must possess, or be able to obtain within 30 days of hire, a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Must possess and maintain certification from the American Red Cross in First Aid and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Professional Rescuers (Infant, Adults and Child).
• Must successfully complete Nautilus, Cybex and One-on-One Patron Orientation Training within three months of hire.
• Must be able to perform the test associated with a Fitness Assessment including, but not limited to, seven-site skin-fold body composition and blood pressure measuring.
• Knowledge of fitness equipment and proper techniques and adjustments; physical fitness testing procedures; how to use basic tools.
• Skill in performing fitness assessments performing Cybex and Nautilus patron orientations, both group and individual; accurately measuring blood pressure; performing a seven-site skin-fold body composition analysis; excellent customer service.
• Ability to communicate effectively; enforce operating policies and procedures in an effective and courteous manner; repair fitness equipment; maintain effective working relationships with County staff and patrons.