Park Attendant- Centers
James City County Parks & Recreation seeks individuals to perform responsible service and clerical work assisting in the daily operation of parks and facilities. Includes assisting patrons, monitoring activities and maintaining cleanliness. Applicant should be willing to work flexible schedules, which may include weekend, early morning, late evening, and holiday hours. Selected applicants will be assigned to designated location, but may be required to work at other locations.
• Assists customers and directs patrons to park areas.
• Enforces rules to ensure compliance; inspects park to help ensure the safe and proper conduct of patrons.
• Maintains the cleanliness of the park to include empty trash cans, pick up litter, and maintain flower beds, clean windows and power wash buildings and equipment.
• Performs minor repairs and maintenance on equipment, grounds and any park structures
• Some work experience, which shall have involved assisting the public.
• Depending on area assigned, must possess, or be able to obtain within 30 days of hire, a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Must possess, or be able to obtain within 60 days of hire, certification from the American Red Cross in First Aid and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Professional Rescuers (Infant, Adults and Child).
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction; automated and manual record keeping.
• Skill in use of computer software including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to communicate with the public and coworkers in an effective, professional and courteous manner; explain and enforce all policies and rules in an effective manner; operate cash register, general office equipment, word processing equipment and microcomputers as required to accomplish the work assigned; handle money and maintain related fiscal records; maintain moderately complex records; independently apply and carry out policies and procedures within assigned area of responsibility; make mathematical computations with accuracy; follow verbal and written instructions.