Park Attendant – Beach/Trails
James City County Parks & Recreation seeks an individual to perform responsible work assisting in the maintenance of Jamestown Bach Event Park, Greensprings Interpretive Trail, Powhatan Creek Trail and the Virginia Capital Trail. Work is performed mostly outdoors, and applicants should be willing to work a flexible schedule, which may include early morning, late evening, weekend, and holiday shifts.
• Assist visitors and monitor activities; enforce park/trail rules and regulations.
• Open/Close parks/trails.
• Clear debris from walkways and trails; pick-up litter; empty waste receptacles; and maintain cleanliness of restrooms and other facilities.
• Perform routine inspections and minor repairs to trail surfaces and bridge structures; may install equipment that include, but not limited to, park grills, signs, and fences. Other duties may include painting, pressure washing, graffiti removal, minor landscaping maintenance, etc.
• May be assigned to work in other parks as needed.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Must possess, or be able to obtain within 30 days of hire, a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Must possess, or be able to obtain within 60 days of hire, certification from the American Red Cross in First Aid and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Professional Rescuers (Infant, Adults and Child).
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction; automated and manual record keeping.
• Skill in use of computer software including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to communicate with the public and coworkers in an effective, professional and courteous manner; explain and enforce all policies and rules in an effective manner; operate cash register, general office equipment, word processing equipment and microcomputers as required to accomplish the work assigned; handle money and maintain related fiscal records; maintain moderately complex records; independently apply and carry out policies and procedures within assigned area of responsibility; make mathematical computations with accuracy; follow verbal and written instructions.