• Assist customers and visitors in-person, through email and over the telephone, and may collect fees for equipment rentals and concession operations.
• May open and/or close park; direct visitors to park areas and monitor activities to ensure compliance with park rules and usage guidelines.
• Maintain the cleanliness of assigned parks that includes emptying trash cans, picking up litter, cleaning restrooms and picnic shelters, and conducting inspections on equipment, grounds, and park structures.
• Performs minor repairs and maintenance on equipment, grounds, and any park structures.
• Some work experience, which shall have involved assisting the public, general record keeping and handling money.
• Depending on area assigned, must possess, or be able to obtain within 30 days of hire, a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Must possess or be able to obtain within 60 days of hire, certification from the American Red Cross in First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Professional Rescuers (Infant, Adults and Child).
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction; automated and manual record keeping.
• Skill in use of computer software including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to communicate with the public and coworkers in an effective, professional and courteous manner; explain and enforce all policies and rules in an effective manner; operate cash register, general office equipment, word processing equipment and microcomputers as required to accomplish the work assigned; handle money and maintain related fiscal records; maintain moderately complex records; independently apply and carry out policies and procedures within assigned area of responsibility; make mathematical computations with accuracy; follow verbal and written instructions.