James City County’s nationally accredited and gold medal award winning Parks & Recreation Department seeks responsible individuals to perform customer service work assisting in the daily operation of the Sports Complex and facilities.
If you have an interest in not only parks, but also athletics and maintenance of sports facilities/equipment, this is the job for you! At Warhill Sports Complex we have a 3.5 mile nature trail, 6 multi-use turf fields, 8 grass multi-use fields, 4 baseball fields and 4 t-ball fields as well as Wanner Stadium. We are looking for those that have knowledge in customer service, minor custodial duties, and minor repair and maintenance. We are open 7 days a week from sun-up to sun-down and holidays.
• Assist customers at the park and over the telephone.
• Open and close the park; enforce rules to ensure compliance.
• Maintain the cleanliness of the park, including emptying trash cans, picking up litter, cleaning rest rooms and shelters, and also inspect the park to help ensure the safe and proper conduct of patrons.
• Perform minor repair and maintenance on equipment, grounds, and any park structures.
• Must possess a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must possess, or be able to obtain within 60 days of hire, certification from the American Red Cross in First Aid and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Professional Rescuers (Infant, Adults, and Child).
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction; automated and manual record keeping.
• Ability to communicate with the public and coworkers in an effective, professional, and courteous manner; explain and enforce all policies and rules in an effective manner; general office equipment, word processing and computer usage as required to accomplish the work assigned; maintain moderately complex records; independently apply and carry out policies and procedures within assigned area of responsibility; follow verbal and written instructions.