Operations Project Coordinator
James City County’s General Services Department seeks an individual to perform responsible project management oversight on operational and capital maintenance projects and CIP capital projects.
• Administers operational and capital maintenance construction projects; contracts and monitors budget. Coordinates operational and maintenance renovations and improvements with General Services Facilities throughout project duration. Facilitates transition of completed projects and associated documentation with Facilities staff for operational and maintenance purposes. Assures that total project costs and time remain within budget and scope.
• Coordinates with consulting, engineering and architectural firms specializing in planning, design or construction administration of operational and capital maintenance projects to assure design plans meet all regulatory requirements.
• Participates as a member of the Facilities Energy Team and the Interdepartmental Sustainability Team; providing building energy efficiency, sustainability and monitoring technical assistance.
• Prepares written materials; drafts, edits and formats presentations and reports; compiles and prepares statistical and narrative information from a variety of sources. In addition to preparing memorandums and resolutions for the Board of Supervisors (BOS), conducts presentations to the BOS for contract awards and project updates.
• This job is considered essential personnel and will be required to work during and following natural disasters and emergency situations.