Operations Engineer (Water & Wastewater)
Loudoun Water, a public water and sewer utility located in Ashburn, Virginia, has an immediate opening for an Operations Engineer. The Operations Engineer will be responsible for providing technical assistance to the Operations & Maintenance Division on topics related to Remote Facilities such as small-packaged treatment plants, wastewater pumping stations, sewer metering vaults, water storage tanks with pumping stations, and water meter vaults. Responsibilities include technical oversight and project management. Essential functions include:
• Appling knowledge of machinery, equipment, materials, and operating practices of water and/or wastewater treatment operations and facilities.
• Assisting in permit compliance and monitoring.
• Providing technical assistance by reviewing sewer flow data and managing/coordinating site specific flow studies.
• Participating in facility design reviews.
• Evaluating regulatory issues affecting facilities.
• Collaborate and work effectively with contractors, internal and consulting engineers, and other state and county agencies.
We are looking for a highly-motivated self-starter with knowledge of water and wastewater facilities and excellent communication skills.
Requirements: A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in operations and engineering of water and/or wastewater treatment facilities. An advanced degree in engineering (civil or environmental), science (biology, chemistry, or environmental) or related field is preferred. Significant operations experience may be substituted for some or all of the job requirements. Eligibility for or licensed as a Professional Engineer in the Commonwealth of Virginia is preferred. Eligibility for or licensed as a Water or Wastewater Works Operator in the Commonwealth of Virginia is preferred.
Special Requirements: If selected for employment all new hires must be willing to get vaccinated or provide proof of vaccination for Covid-19 prior to their start date.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE