Office Assistant Transit
The City of Winchester invites you to join our team as an Office Assistant for Transit! We have and outstanding strategic plan that includes goals and objectives, a clear vision, and a culture of collaboration.
– Answer calls and field questions about transit system from citizens and other parties
– Take calls from Para-transit clients and schedule trips
– Dispatch Para-transit drivers for on-call return trips
– Provide accounting function for revenue received each business day, i.e., count money, make bank statement and deposit money
– Process Invoices and Purchase Orders for payment and maintains Encumbrance Spreadsheet to track expenditures
– Enter ridership data for each day and route into computerized database
– Produce reports on ridership, revenue, etc. as needed
– Process all Para-transit Applications once they are approved by the Supervisor or Director
– Process all Handicap/Elderly Bus Pass Applications
– Order supplies as needed for operations i.e., ticket books, coin changers, transfers, etc.
– Maintain, update printed bus schedules, and deliver as needed to various locations
– Oversees cleaning of buses inside and out by other personnel
– Maintains cleanliness of office, lunch area and restrooms through contract cleaning, other personnel or self
Any combination of education or experience equivalent to a High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required. Previous experience in office/clerical work preferred. Possession of a valid and appropriate driver’s.
Ability to read and comprehend. Ability to write using proper grammar, punctuation and spelling. Ability to speak and communicate effectively using correct English. General knowledge of bookkeeping terminology and methods. Thorough knowledge of standard office procedures, practices and equipment. Ability to make arithmetical computations quickly and accurately. Ability to type accurately and quickly.
NOTE: This classification specification is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee will also perform other reasonably-related job responsibilities as assigned and required by management. City of Winchester reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This classification specification does not constitute a written contract